AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Pioneer BDP-LX70A(BlueRay). I am in Australia and it plays US Region DVD movies, but not US Region Blue Ray discs, which seems strange.

Does anyone know of a possible unlock code for these players. Your help would be greatly appreicated.

Regards,

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I don't think we would be allowed on this forum to say what such a code was, even if it was possible. I'm a bit surprised it would play SD DVDs encoded to region 1 if that player is sold as "Region 4 - Australia', but is it against the law in Australia for them to sell region restricted players in Australia? If so, I wonder why the don't ensure they sell region free Blu-ray players there too?

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Try a google search for unlock codes. Like said we may not be able to tell what said code may be. But if you do a google seach for on you may find somthing.

Its posible the play became locked to R1 DVD and R4 BD

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
down up left left a right down

who remembers what thats from?

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
AFAIK the Blu-ray region coding has not been hacked yet, and may never be.

Those of us who like to watch international movie may need one multi-region DVD player, two BD players, one HD-DVD player... (oh wait, HD-DVD is dead, pheeeew).

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Shoulda went with HD DVD, which is region free.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapleitez /forum/post/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper /forum/post/12958918

not for SD material (bastards!!!)

True.

But they're region free for HD-DVD high definition discs (they don't support the UK frame rates in high definition - for free
- but neither do Blu-ray I think)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtek /forum/post/12958456

AFAIK the Blu-ray region coding has not been hacked yet, and may never be.

I think it was hacked in the first version of AnyDVD HD, about a year ago.

You have to play it on the PC, though...

Diogen.

·
Registered
813 Posts

Quote:

Why so he can invest in a dying format..................

·
Registered
461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_weasel /forum/post/12956895

try up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start. if that doesn't work, nothing will.

If this doesn't work, try it on Contra for Nintendo, you will start with 30 lives.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 /forum/post/12959269

Why so he can invest in a dying format..................

because hd dvd players are excellent upconverters and right now you can get 7 movies! That's right 7 free movies with the purchase of a low cost HD DVD player.

Guess what?!? No unlocking is required for any movies because HD DVD doesn't have region specific coding!

WOW!!!!!!!!!! not bad for a dying format.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I love it.. stick to your dying format.... hang on to that last shred of hope that maybe the format you sunk your hard earned money will come back and be triumphet!

Quote:
No unlocking is required for any movies because HD DVD doesn't have region specific coding!

That couldn't be one of the many reasons that hd-dvd failed to get some of the big name studio's behind it.. nahh that couldn't be it........

Good luck!

·
Banned
18,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 /forum/post/12963100

IThat couldn't be one of the many reasons that hd-dvd failed to get some of the big name studio's behind it.. nahh that couldn't be it........

It wasn't. Region coding has never been a do or die for any studio although some want it more than others, and some hated it more than others.

Back to scheduled programming now

·
Registered
813 Posts
but of course not...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper /forum/post/12958918

not for SD material (bastards!!!)

Actually I made my A2 region free for regular DVD yesterday through the help of AVS

1 - 20 of 24 Posts