Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI EVERYONE,

I HAVE JUST ACQUIRED A PANASONIC DVD PLAYER S97. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT EXCEPT THAT IT IS BLOCKED IN REGION 2 :confused: . DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TURN IT TO REGION-FREE ?

THANKS A LOT,

YANNIS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for replying so quickly :) . Unfortunately I do have a quite limited budget, let alone that JVB is closed until nearly the end of the month. Morever, it seems that I have to send them the DVD player to them as well .. In any case, in that same line, it appears I can also buy a quite cheaper DIY kit at dvdcodes-net, even though I honestly admit I have no idea if that kind of solution works.

Anyway, I am still looking for a more 'simple' and elegant solution...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
There is a remote solution but I have no idea if it will work on your player. Check it out at http://www.dvdchips.co.uk

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich4av
There is a remote solution but I have no idea if it will work on your player. Check it out at http://www.dvdchips.co.uk
Remote solution will only work on players made before April. The new revision S97 requires JVB hardware hack.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
CKNA, is this true of units that are already PAL ready? The poster may be in Europe. I know that the remote solution will no longer work on newer, U.S. Region 1 units. That is why I suggested he check it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good morning, and thanks to all for your comments. I think I will try the remote solution at dvdchips and keep you posted if it works...for the record I am located in Europe (that's why the player in locked on region 2), so hopefully it is still possible to unlock it via a remote kit.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
You may want to read through the S97S Main threads if you have not already. There is a main firmware thread and a first impressions thread. good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those who visit this post, I just wanted to you to know that I just received the remote for dvdchips. Instructions are very easy to follow...and it works :) My DVD player is now zone free (at least it certainly plays dvd from zone 1 & 2 , I do not have any DVD from other zone to check). For info. my firmware is 85E540. Thanks again to all for replying !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well to be honest, I do not know... I will have to do the upgrade of the firmware to tell you and for the moment I am quite happy with the one I have. By having followed some posts about the products of dvdchips it generally seems that a player that have been set zone-free stays like that when you upgrade afterwards the firmware, but again I must underline that I do not know what will happen in this specific case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.