AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we seem to always have threads popping up with hard drive deals I thought it would be nice to consolidate them to one thread. If you find a good deal post the info in this thread and I'll try and keep the top post updated with the latest deals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENT DEALS:

The Fry's/Outpost deal starts today (Friday), the OM deal expires tomorrow (Saturday). Haven't looked at the Sunday deals yet but if there's anything good I'll try and update it later.

Maxtor 160GB 8MB - $99 @ Fry's/Outpost.com

Nice price on an excellent drive, includes a $70 MIR. Either visit your local Fry's or it's available online @ Outpost.com . If you have a Fry's in your state you're paying tax either way.

---------------------------------

WD 120GB 2MB/8MB - $29.99 @ OM

Great Deal - won't last long. Everything you need to know is in this thread over at anandtech.

OfficeMax Coupons: http://www.gogoshopper.com/coupon.html

Note - as of now you'll have to do this over the phone:

1) Call 877-633-4236

2) Look at your local OfficeMax flier online, find $12 of free-after-rebate stuff you want, give the rep those item numbers (we need to get the total over $150 to use the coupon)

3) Here are the item numbers for the hard drives:

Item #2014-8555 (WD1200BBRTL) is the Standard model (2 meg cache, 1yr wty)

Item #2034-6127 (WD1200JBRTL) is the Special Edition model (8 meg cache, 3yr wty)

4) Give them your coupon code ($30 off $150)

$30 Off $150 - A-9769 Expires 7/12/03 thx lurknomore

$30 Off $150 - A-10347 Expires 5/31/03

$30 Off $150 - A-10016 Expires 5/31/03 thx garsh

$30 Off $150 - A-10133 Expires 5/31/03 thx Elric428

$30 Off $150 - A-10129

5) That's it - $30 for damn nice drive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Notes: If you don't like rebates most of these deals aren't for you. If you're organized and keep copies of everything you'll get 99% of your rebates back eventually. If you have an American Express card with Best Value Guarantee (BVG) you can really get some crazy deals, if enough people are interested in this I'll post some more info.

Glossary

BB: Best Buy

CC: Circuit City

C-USA: CompUSA

IR: Instant Rebate

MC: Microcenter

MIR: Mail-in Rebate

OD: Office Depot

OM: OfficeMax

PM: Price Match

S&H: Shipping & Handling

WD: Western Digital

YMMV: Your mileage may vary

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Fry's: WD 180gig Special Edition for $99.99 after WD MIR.

Retail box, no substitutions, one per customer, per advertisment in the Fort Worth Star Telegram on 4-23-03. Price is $219.99 less $120 rebate = 99.99.

·
Registered
184 Posts
BestBuy still has the 200GB/7200/8MB cache drive for $180 after rebates, but that doesn't really compare very well to either the WD at Fry's or the Maxtor at Microcenter.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have that WD 175gb drive (it's really a 180gb drive) in my 5175 now and it's loud. It's also speedy so that's really more important.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I buy from these guys all the time.

Picked up a couple of my favorite Replay upgrade drives, the Maxtor 160GB 5400RPM not too long ago. Great price, no rebate needed, and they're warrantied by Maxtor for 3 years so if anything goes wrong, you can deal with them directly.

I'm so not a fan of WD drives in Replays. These Maxtors are nice drives.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Randy, don't forget that pilots are now packing heat.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hbanzon
Heather - is that your picture next to the drive on Unity Electonics' banner on the site?
Ha! No, of course that's not me. :)

I have a banner-eraser program installed; never even saw that picture :)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Nope, it was from winning my husband :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
So young.

So enthusiastic.

So good natured.

So naive.

Still using "husband" and "winning" in the same sentence.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
top post edited with scorching hot deal
where's the excitement? who wouldn't enjoy getting paid $25 for purchasing a kick-ass 120GB drive

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you're not looking for a HUGE HD, but just a moderately sized upgrade.

80GB WD 2MB cache from Officemax.com. Right now its 129-20$ instant - 30$ MIR - $20 Officemax MIR = 59.99

Go to fatwallet, do a search for officemax coupons in the searchbox. There is, or was (might have expired already, I placed my order Sunday and all is good) a $25 off $100 purchase coupon you could use, take another $25 off that you end up with 34.99 + tax on roughly $100 purchase (109* tax - 25$)

Enjoy :) If that doesn't work, look around I am almost positive there is a 20 off 100 instead, 5 bucks more, but still a banging good deal and very easy to do.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy

WD 180GB 8MB $118 @ Dell.com

$272 - 20% off (automatic) - $100 MIR = $118 + tax (free shipping) link

Thanx for that lizzard boy, just what I was looking for

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.