AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion /forum/post/0

Now everybody can see WHY there are not many IME titles out there. Combine IME with a TrueHD track and the available average VC-1 video rate is down to ~13MBit/s. Despite differing opinions this is hardly sufficient for any highly detailed, difficult to compress video stream.

Great work benes btw.

Hate to chime in here, but I will. Since VC1 is at least 2-3 times as efficient as MPEG-2, this is the equivalent to at least 26 mbps mpeg-2 or a vastly higher bit rate than the majority of BD titles. Having seen titles such as Batman Begins, Constantine, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Terminator 3 and V for Vendetta with IME and True HD save T3 I am going to have to disagree as will anyone who has viewed these titles.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Interesting that The Departed only uses 23.8 gigs of space and yet warner opted to leave out the "Scorcese on Scorcese" documentary from the S.E. dvd. There would have been plenty of room for it. All the BD sources list this version as a BD-50 so there would have been plenty of room either way.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I wish this list was fully updated, since it seems to me my Xbox360 add-on has a lot of problems or doesn't work at all with mostly AVC encoded titles, so it could save me and others owning the same drive all the headaches of purchasing movies that won't play on our systems. For example I think Discovery Italy is encoded with AVC and all I get is blank screen. As far as video bit rate is concerned, I think it's mostly useless. Static scenes with very little movement can be compressed much more than dynamic, fast changing scenes, so comparing and judging bit rates of different movies is like comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Can Anyone supply info on the "World's Fastest Indian"? It has both DD+ and DolbyTHD.

It is released by independent label Magnolia. Have no idea if they're part of a bigger studio or not.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes /forum/post/0

Considering this list is being compiled by one person (me) you should be happy that there are so many titles on it already. You can go to a site like HDD to find out what codecs are used. If you want to contribute some data please feel free to do so.

damnit benes, get your @ss in gear and post those bitrates!

heh j/k

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Don't know if this is the place to ask, but are there, or will there be any 6.1 surround movies on HD-DVD? If so, any titles?

thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
bump

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
So do I. Is Benes still updating it? Not to be pushy, just wondering.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes /forum/post/0

Yes I am.

Thanks, you've got a great thread here. Wish they'd sticky it.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Can someone please sticky this and update it?

I am curious as to what bitrate the DTS track is in Tomb Raider...though I am sure it must have been 1.5mbps, since it sounded so good.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I am still wondering in We Were Soldiers as well. I have been planning the buy an Add on but haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith /forum/post/0

Can someone please sticky this and update it?

I agree.. please make this thread sticky. It's very useful.

21 - 40 of 120 Posts