AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a two man operation when you receive a pdp 503cmx from dell.Can I safely get it out of the packing and up on its stand alone? This is going to be a sacred ritual I would like to perform alone but I dont want to end up crashing the plasma to the floor.oh yes the pdp503cmx comes with a stand i hope and how hard is it to put it on. Yes i know Im going over the edge but i need to cover all bases before the order is placed

·
Registered
388 Posts
It is ABSOLUTELY a two man job to remove it from the

box and placing it on a stand or a wall. In no way, would

I attempt this alone. I had a friend help me when I got

mine 3 months ago.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would also recommend you find a friend to help... if you prefer not to, you could probably attach the included table top feet by yourself, but a wall mount installation requires two people (IMO)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unless you are Hulk Hogan placing the 503 is a two person job

If you are placing on a tabletop I would strongly recommend the optional Pioneer tabletop stand instead of relying on the two little enclosed "feet"

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
I had my wife help me with my first 42" unit and the thing almost dropped.

For a 50 incher, you need two *strong* individuals that can place the screen on the stand properly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I guess I'm too "macho", but I did it myself. Took a little planning and the right balancing to get the feet on. Mine was from Dell. The box is intimidatingly big. In 45 minutes it was uncrated and on its stand.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I moved mine with my wife, 50" pio. 1 person could do it but it is more of an issue that it is a $5,000 device that you don't want to take a chance with.

-Jym-

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
mattg3:

I unpacked my 503 and took it down a flight of stairs into a basement HT room without help.

I did have help mounting it on the wall, though. That’s definitely a 2 person job.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you carry it down or did you bounce it down those steps? Maybe thats why you have the tearing problem LOL You must come from strong Nordic stock to carry this thing down steps

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks I guess I better get some help before I end up seeing just whats inside these units as they drip out a cracked plasma Talk about dead pixels

·
Registered
360 Posts
The company that delivered my 50 inch plasma had just one guy on the truck. With me having both back and knee issues, he was on his own carrying it down the 60 stairs from the street. After about the first 10 stairs I could not watch anymore. But, he did get it into the movie room on his own.

The wife and I did the unpacking and setup (on the included stand, not wall mounted). All is good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.