AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I unplug the receiver from the wall outlet or should I leave it plugged in all the times?

I am asking because when I turn off my receiver, only the front panel is turned off. The receiver continuously radiates heat even when it is off. Not hot, but warm to the touch. And I think there is output to the speakers, very low but continuous output.

Thanks for your advise.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
The warmth is mostly from the power transformer. All electronics that can be powered up from a remote must be powered at all times. The unit is designed to operate the way it does; the heat is normal. If you're concerned, unplug it when you'll be away for a week or more, but don't be surprised if all of your saved settings are gone when you come back. I leave my stuff plugged in, and I have plenty of 'stuff'.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
What brand and model of receiver is this? It could be a defect (manufacturing or design) where the LCDs are switching off but leaving the power amp portion on. When in standby the equipment that I own (receivers, pre pros, power amps, scalers etc) are warm to hot when running but stone cold when in standby. Almost all electronics are designed to be left plugged in. You may want to give the manufacturer a call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.