AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any helpful linux gurus lurking in here? I've tried to get help for this on both the unraid and ps3ms forums without luck so far.

Having used ps3ms successfully for over a year to stream from my Win7 box to my PS3, I've now run into problems running it under linux. I moved my data to an unRAID server. I followed the instructions here to install ps3ms and the other associated programs. Mp3s, mpg, wmv,and mp4 files all stream to the PS3 just fine, but I can't get my DVDs, ripped to VIDEO_TS files, to work. This is a problem, because it's the main purpose I use ps3ms for. They worked fine from my Win7 box, so it's obviously something with the linux install. I believe I've narrowed the problem down to mplayer (see below) but as a linux noob, not sure how to fix the issue.

The checklist:

* Apologies if this has been answered already. I searched for similar errors here and already asked for help at the unRAID forum.

* AMD Athlon 64 LE-1640; 2GB RAM; OS: unRAID; tested versions 1.10.5 and 1.20.409

* Streaming to PS3. PMS.conf attached

* Connected via Ethernet over Coax: unRAIDWRT310NNetgear MCAB1001 MOCA COAX-ETHERNET ADAPTERNetgear MCAB1001PS3. Note that, substituting Win7 box for unraid but rest of that link exactly the same, streaming works. Also, streaming of over video works, so doubt it's a network issue.

* What is not working: as noted above, other file types work, but files included in VIDEO_TS folders do not. When I browse through the XMB, upon reaching a VIDEO_TS folder, the PS3 shows "[DVD ISO] VIDEO_TS {Movie Name}". If I drill down from there, it reports "There are no titles." Tested on multiple dvds.

If I look at the terminal, after getting the "There are no titles" message, I can see the following error:

Code:
Code:
Process mplayer has a return code of 127! Maybe an error occured... check the log file

Checking the log, I found this:

Code:
Code:
[Thread-44] INFO  14:27:39.076 Stopping process: mplayer
          [Thread-44] DEBUG 14:27:39.076 Killing the Unix process: 7624
          [Thread-86] DEBUG 14:27:39.080 kill 7624: No such process

If I just run mplayer from the terminal (on it's own, w/o even feeding it a video file), it throws:

Code:
Code:
mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
Others on the unRAID board have indicated that this error shouldn't matter.

* debug.log attached. I think there are a couple of attempts and other tests included in that log. Let me know if you'd like me to clear it, just try 1 VIDEO_TS folder, and then upload that minimal file. Or if there's any thing else I can do to help diagnose problem.

Links to my log and conf .

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
While others have said that not having libXss shouldn't matter, the fact that mplayer quits right after that error message seems somewhat telling. On the Linux box what output do you get if you run

"locate libXss" or if that doesn't work type "find / -name libXss*"

I'm guessing you may need to create a soft link to the library file.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkny
Thanks for replying.

Results:
Code:
Code:
[email protected]:/boot/custom/ps3mediaserver/mencoder# locate libXss
-bash: locate: command not found
[email protected]:/boot/custom/ps3mediaserver/mencoder# find / -name libXss*
[email protected]:/boot/custom/ps3mediaserver/mencoder#
Apparently you don't have that file from the output. I agree that it's probably not needed as it's a X11 Screen Saver extension library, but since mplayer exits directly after looking for that file, it seems that it might be causing a problem. I'm not familiar with UnRaid OS so I don't really have a suggestion on how to download that library.

I know on my Unbuntu system that file is located in "/usr/lib/"

·
Registered
1,470 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
You've probably seen this post, but here's all that I could find:
http://bloggyvonbloggerstein.blogspo...on-unraid.html

Does your unraid server have X installed? It could be that mplayer is expecting it. You could try either installing X or recompiling mplayer on your system. Unless there is an option to set that's being missed. I assume that ps3ms is somehow using mplayer to transcode the files to your ps3?

I know you like ps3ms, but you could always try something different like mediatomb and see if it works for you.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
It sounds like you should look into running unRaid on a full slackware install. There are several threads on doing this on the unRaid forums.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.