AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finally picked this game up for my Xbox, and I am a little confused. It has HDTV in the list of supported options on the case, but it doesnt say anything about 16x9. I have tried it out on my 106" fp system, and it seems to have black bars on the side, even when in anamorphic, switching to 4x3 makes it really narrow. Does this game support 16x9 but just not fill the entire screen? 16x9 on either my Xbox or PS2 just seems confusing. In GTA-Vice City (PS2), I have set it to widescreen in the game menu, but 16x9 looks very strecthed, even though it switches to a letterboxed format in 4x3. And the Xbox has 16x9 enabled in the main menu, but still seems to be unpredicatable from title to title. Does anyone have 'Widescreen Xbox for Dummies' that can shed some light on this for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Several 16:9 games for Xbox have very slight borders on my 80 X45 screen. (DVD/HD fill the screen)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it make any difference that I dont have any of the Progressive resolutions turned on in my Xbox? I use an H3D card on the PC to deinterlace everything, so I only use 480i and 1080i output from the Xbox, but I have got 16x9 selected as the display type. Anyone???

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no way to send progressive input to a PC. The H3D card can only take interlaced signals and then it deinterlaces them. I have tried some comparisons of going direct to the pj with progressive, and I could not see an improvment, but I would lose all my scaling and video processing, on screen display, etc if I didnt use the PC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.