AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm unsure of where to post this question , So here it is :

Does DirectV and or Dish stick to their schedules or the Movie channels schedules ?.

The reason I'm asking , I've found discrepancies in programing info from On line Movie scheduling and DirectV scheduling , content and times are afoul so I'm assuming Satellite provider dictates schedules , are my assumptions wrong ?.

Thanks ...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I have Comcast, so I can't be specific about those two providers. But, generally, there are different services that provide the schedules to different outlets, and they sometimes disagree. Best place to check to resolve differences is with the website of the channel in question. There are two different on-line guide services, ZAPTV and TitanTV, that can be different from one another, and seem to match with different schedule providers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I understand . It's most curious too me why a satellite service provider ,would put different movies in place of the movie channels programs listings .

I would assume the Movie channel provides the content and in accordance too their schedule . As the total package is content of individual broadcasters which provides the bulk substance of the satellite providers services .

Does that make sense , or are the satellite providers so large they simply pull the content of various broadcasters and prerecord onto HD"S ,then schedule their own programing content and times .

Seems so unnecessary ,why wouldn't they simply just broadcast those programs as provided by their collective broadcasters ?.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Iv'e had DishNet for a couple of years and i can only remember one time when the schedule was wrong. I have seen discrepancies between some on line schedules and Dish's schedule but it turned out that the online schedule was wrong and Dish had it right.
Once in a while a particular station(like TCM) will change their programming schedule w/o notice and that is when i find the most discrepancies,but that isn't Dish's fault.G.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am not sure if this is related, but there was a big "goof" sometime last week. Tivo said that there were a bunch of changes in Comcast "lineup". There was not. Two days later tivo reversed it's lineup to put it back the right way again. Maybe some computer hackers had fun with some scheduling issues.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys points taken .

As I said I was just trying to discern which program schedule was correct .

An it appears the service provider I E Satellite service captures media content via HD'S and then redistributes them in their order an time slots .

Movie channels only provide the content and their schedules are their own .

If the two coincide so be it , but it's not written in stone , as each has it's own priority .

In question was TCM listing Crimson Pirate and DirectV listing Kentuckian and DirectV was way out of order as opposed too TCM on other content .

Sept. 1 St. check your listings

·
Registered
891 Posts
Looks like both Dish and Directv were wrong today.Both show "The Flame and the Arrow" as being shown on TCM at 6am,then "The Jim Thorpe Story" at 7:30am. Actually The Jim Thorpe Story was on at 6am.

Also,dish showed "The Kentuckian" as being on at 2:45pm today.The TCM guide showed "The Crimson Pirate" as coming on at that time. I'm gonna check online listings to see what they show. G.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I just checked TV Titan,they show "Jim Thorpe:All American" as being on at 6am-they got that part right,but then they show "Ten Tall Men"as being on at 8am.,no mention of "The Flame and the Arrow"at all. G.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that's what I was referencing too , movie channel broadcasters schedules and satellite service providers mixing up content and times . Making gibberish of ones recording schedule regardless of capture media !.

An it's not the first nor last time it'll happen either .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.