AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HTPC with Winsows 7 Media Center and an InfiniTV 6 PCIe tuner. All the video is handled by the Intel i3-4360. The HDMI output goes to an 8-way splitter and is distributed around the house. Everything worked as expected for several months until I started getting audio dropouts on a few channels (FXHD is the worst). I was going to complain to my cable provider until I noticed that while playing simultaneously I get dropouts on some TVs and an AVR and not on other TVS.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or could suggest a solution

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I've had the same issue with a few different Intel-based systems I've built and it's been going on for at least a year, maybe more. These were G620, J1900 and C1007U systems. It's very noticeable with HGTV. I don't know what the answer is. I wish I did. I didn't get the same dropouts with an AM1 system. Of course, that system had other issues like no video when you turn the TV off/on unless you pull the HDMi cable and plug it back in -- much more annoying than the dropouts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts