AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was "attempting" to watch a bluray. I was using Total Media Theater 5 and about half way through the movie my cpu usage for TMT5 shot up to around 70-80%.. this caused a lagged video every 5-10 seconds followed by the video speeding up to catch up to the audio. If I restarted the chapter it would clear for around 10-15 minutes then do the whole process again. I've watched tons of blurays in my htpc and never had this issue. Anyone know what could be going on? This was after a fresh reboot as well as I had just finished playing Alice. My past experience with bluray is that the cpu usage is usually 10-20% at the most. Hardware acceleration was enabled. I did verify that only TMT5 was using the 70-80%, it was not a background service.

My HTPC:

Athlon II x3 450 (3.2 GHz)

GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4

4GB Patriot Gaming DDR2 800

Sapphire 4850 1GB HDMI (11.6 drivers)

1TB WD Black

2TB WD Green

OCZ ModXStream 600w

Coolermaster Elite 360

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
He said it is the TMT5 process that is using up the CPU, though, so it wouldn't be an idle process in that case.

OP,

Did you look at your process tree and verify it was TMT with the CPU usage? An Idle process is potentially the issue, as it only happens 15+ minutes after starting movie and it goes away when you go back a chapter (which would restart the idle timer).

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I checked the task manager (showing all users) while the bluray was playing in windowed mode and it was TMT5 that was using 70-80%.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far only this one and yes it seemed to do it mainly around the middle of the movie. I'll "force" myself to watch another movie tonight and see how that goes.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfrog
So far only this one and yes it seemed to do it mainly around the middle of the movie. I'll "force" myself to watch another movie tonight and see how that goes.
Download trial of powerdvd and see what happens.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes there is and it was enabled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.