AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all

Just finished building my first htpc based on Windows 7 pro. Mostly using XBMC.

I have a IR reciever inside my Antec Microfusion 350 case using IMON.

I tried to "teach" my Sony RM VL600 universal remote to control the computer but every time i click a buttom (up for instance) it goes up 4 times.

I tried switching the registry enabledebounce but with no luck.

The only place it works well is in the annoying imedian HD software.

Any suggestions? or should i just buy a new remote. one of the harmonies for instance?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I had this happen to me when I mistakenly plugged in a USB IR receiver and didn't realize (forgot) the case already had a built-in IR receiver too. Both receivers where getting a signal/command with each button press.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Harmonys are great. They have options in software that can adjust the number of "repeats" for each key press that can solve this kind of problem and they have a team who will inspect your learnt codes and edit them down if, for instance, they find your learnt keys have several repeating sequences in them. But check there are no options for similar adjustments with your remote. If not, generally, with Harmony most things "just work" with preset codes downloaded from their site and, if not, by learning. But if not it is good to know they have real people who can make just about anything work!

I haven't seen that remote before but iMon remotes are tricky to learn. The PAD especially is anything but a standard IR remote. But the Harmony team still got mine working perfectly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is the imon mini (i think that is what it's called).

It is weird that my remote did not learn it correctly. it is a nice and simple remote that I've been happily using for many years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How close are you to the receiver? While I was setting up my USB UIRT I was at my test computer. While I was setting it up and testing it I was sitting very close to the receiver and I kept getting multiple clicks registering. I changed things in event ghost, I reset the remote a couple times (Harmony 550). Turns out all I needed to do was stand back a few feet. The signal was reflecting off of something and registering multiple times. I have not had the issue since but I could replicate it when I moved too close to the receiver again. Might not be an issue but thought I would mention it in case it is as simple as mine was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts