AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this projector never gets mentioned. maybe it's better than the z1! maybe it's the best deal of 'em all! anyone seen one?

·
Registered
857 Posts
well there is 1 memeber here that has HS2, but right after he got it, he no longer comes here or posts .. He wrote few positive comments about the unit though, but nothing else .. No screens nothing .. I guess once you get what you want you dump this forum, unless you will need something else, then you come back .. heho

·
Registered
84 Posts
i agree, very poor is my feeling. i was seriously wanting to see some pics of it in action. i have heard very mixed reviews of it from varying people. just wish i could see it. i may just get one and hope its good and sell it if its not. IF i get it i will post enough pics of the screendoor etc. to make u all sick. hehe maybe be we should go in together for one and time share it, just kiddin - jeff:p

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was considering the HS2 for a while but the AE200 beats it out in stats (except for lumens) and has a street price $200 lower.

Sony VPL-HS2: 484x858, 3x0.6" LCD, 600:1, 1000 lumens, 2 year warranty, 3000 hour bulb, 30dB fan, $1613.

Panas'c AE200: 484x858, 3x0.7" LCD, 700:1, 700 lumens, 3 year warranty, 5000 hour bulb, 28dB fan, $1437.

Of course these are just paper stats and aren't as important as how these PJs actually LOOK, but I haven't seen either so I can't comment.

Comparing the AE200/300, HS2/10 and Z1 stats against what you pay for each, for me, it's currently a dead heat between the AE200 and the HS10. ($1000 difference, I know, but the HS10 really is that much better for what you pay.)

-Colin.

·
Registered
778 Posts
That guy that bought the H2 is probably happily rewatching his entire DVD collection as most likely happens to most new owners. I mean the choice is easy - watch your new projector in peace or answer a million questions and requests/demands for screenshots from specific scenes. We should really appreciate the few who report back on their new purchases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.