AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm buying a new soundbar, an Atmos soundbar. The soundbar would be wall-mounted above the TV... and under a floating shelf. :frown:

Gap between soundbar and shelf would be about 25 cm. The shelf would be about 11 cm longer than the soundbar.

Do you think that would create any issue with the up-firing speakers of the soundbar?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
You might possibly get away with it if you mount the soundbar a bit out from the wall and angled down toward the listener.

I’d expect the sound to be compromised either way. More so if not angled.

I’d try really hard to mount the soundbar below the tv.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d try really hard to mount the soundbar below the tv.

Unfortunately, soundbar can't be mounted below the tv and SWMBO doesn't want to get rid of the shelf.

I still have not decided the model, but HW-Q90R seems my main option. So I guess I'll have to find out some kind of longer brackets first.

Thanks for your answer.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Unfortunately, soundbar can't be mounted below the tv and SWMBO doesn't want to get rid of the shelf.
What prevents mounting below?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What prevents mounting below?

Furniture. It's always the furniture. :D

TV (43") is between two bookcases (or whatever those things are called) and every soundbar I like is longer than that space. So moving TV up a little bit won't solve the issue.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Furniture. It's always the furniture. :D
Short wall unit below the tv?

Attach a shelf directly to the top of the middle unit and make it deep enough to support the bar just in front of the tall ones?

Or are there doors that interfere?

Shelf could be the entire width of the 3 units. Then the wife gets extra space for her stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts