AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Im computer challenged, so I down loaded everything stereojeff sent me. Iv got this little stereo icon that says port settings,file open,upgrade. When I click on port settings it says com port 1 & 2 & baudrate 4800,9600 19200 wondering what to do next? Im worried that Im going to screw something up,also did G. Murrells trouble started after he up-graded the p-965?One more thing do I have the right cable one end looks like the firewire the other end is a usb end. thanks & please help the dont have a clue with computer guy!

· Registered
13,423 Posts
Do you have a cable connection (USB or Serial RS-232) between the Newcastle and the computer?

Your cable sounds like a proper USB cable. The small end that looks like firewire goes into the USB port on the Newcastle and the bigger connector into the USB port on the computer.

With the Newcastle turned off plug the small connector into the USB port on the pre/pro and then turn on the unit. Next hot plug the bigger end into the computer USB port. Windows should find new hardware and then install the driver after you select search for drivers.

After installing the driver check in the Windows Control Panel under the Add & Remove Programs for 2 Sherwood listings. 1) Sherwood Receiver and 2) Sherwood Receiver USB Driver.

If both are listed following the provided instruction to upgrade the firmware.

· Registered
474 Posts
do a search of my thread, as i had some problems. In a rush so cant get a link 4 u) Its recent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.