AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us with CRT Pj's are limited to analoge video input. There are some Upscaling DVD players out there that can output via analoge like the Momitsu. Can anyone offer the make and model of other players that are currently available as well? It would be nice to have a list of several players to choose from, i know there is lots of talk about the Momitsu, but there must be many other players that upscale and output analoge as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
No, there really aren't that many.

The Liteon is no longer available, and has considerable edge enhancment and poor deinterlacing for video source.

The Neuno is one. It's discussed on the DVD player forum here at AVS. I don't like the upscaled output from it because the deinterlacer doesn't work well with video source material, and the FR is overfiltered, and somewhat soft, especially on the RGB VGA output.

The Zenith DVB318 is another, but it only outputs comonent video; it worked pretty well for me with a Key Digital transcoder.

Now I use an Oppo DVP971 with a DVI-D to RGBHV converter box- it's not analog output on DVI. This unit with the current firmware (there have been several upgrades) works rather well, and is very highly rated on the Secrets DVD Benchmark. Video deinterlacing is very good, and with careful setup macroblocking over a CRT is rarely seen. OTOH, the DVI-D to RGBHV converter box costs 2X what the player costs. Sill, it's the best solution I've found under $1K.

~Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.