AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 3rd POS UP5000, this one has worked well for quite a while. I have had no problems at all, until tonight. I get Pineapple Express, all was good for the first 15 minutes, the silence. The video didn't glitch or anything, and now it won't play any kind of sound, I tried other BD's CD's and HDDVD's and video is fine, but there is no audio. I also changed from PCM > Bit Stream re encode > Bit Stream audiophile. Nothing works!!

Any help you can offer or ideas i can try would be great. I wish I would have just kept my PS3

Also I am using HDMI, haven't tried analog or digital audio outs.

·
Banned
11,424 Posts
You did try restarting (power cycling) the player, right?

Pineapple and 3 other Sony titles (Hancock, Step Brothers and Zohan) all cause audio problems for this player (usually dropouts, sometimes white noise and in other cases like yours, dead air). It's related to multiple versions of the movie being present on the same disc and the player's behavior with seamless branching.

·
Registered
20,956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthulbs /forum/post/15590768

This is my 3rd POS UP5000, this one has worked well for quite a while. I have had no problems at all, until tonight. I get Pineapple Express, all was good for the first 15 minutes, the silence. The video didn't glitch or anything, and now it won't play any kind of sound, I tried other BD's CD's and HDDVD's and video is fine, but there is no audio. I also changed from PCM > Bit Stream re encode > Bit Stream audiophile. Nothing works!!

Any help you can offer or ideas i can try would be great. I wish I would have just kept my PS3

Also I am using HDMI, haven't tried analog or digital audio outs.

Please also reset\

eplace your connections to see if that helps, as this could be HDMI cable related.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Also, you don't mention if you run this straight to your TV or through a AVR first...? If you do, I would try connecting it just to the TV first. Also, get yourself a optical cable and trying linking that way. That would eliminate whether it is a HDMI cable/connection problem versus something internal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I got it figured out. It was just the cheapo cable i got from work. Time to go to monoprice. Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts