AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to somebody a short while ago and after placing me on hold to call the warehouse (so she says), she came back to phone and said that amazon has received a large shipment of the bd-up5000, but they will more than likely not ship tomorrow. She said that Samsung has requested that they not be shipped yet. She couldn't tell me when they would ship. Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife is going to kill me ....

Shipping estimate for these items: January 7, 2008

Delivery estimate: January 14, 2008 - January 18, 2008 1 "Samsung BD-UP5000 1080p HD-DVD Blu-Ray Disc Combo Player"

Electronics; $799.99

Sold by: Amazon.com

·
Registered
252 Posts
Do they charge your account before it actually ships? I am waiting to see if there will be a free blu-ray or hd-dvd bundle with it like many of the other players...

·
Registered
40 Posts
It could also be the case that Amazon did get (or is soon getting) some units, but they are already gone as pre-orders. My current pre-order is showing an estimated ship of Nov 5. Note that is actually estimated ship, not just the initial release date of Nov 1 that Amazon had posted for a while.

If all units are spoken for via pre-orders (again assuming Amazon really is getting some), then the next expected shipment could well be end of the year, beginning of next year, thus the new date.

Of course, perhaps my pre-order will get pushed off, too, and Amazon hasn't updated my order status. Won't really know until I get a tracking number. Won't really, really know until I'm opening the box!!

tosa

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well, tomorrow is the first so let's see if these folks get shipment notices and tracking numbers. Either way, it should be interesting. Maybe Samsung is just shipping a few to eager guinea pigs!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I swear the 5000 can't come out soon enough so I can finally dump my A2 and stop using my (non-DTS HD) ps3 and in their place have one nice little product.

Plus hopefully some more people will snatch it up so we can finally start moving away from this idiotic format war, can't we all just get along?

·
Registered
771 Posts
This will be awesome if they are actually available, it really sounds like amazon is going to ship some but have already filled preorders with all their available stock. Not good that they don't expect more to January though
Good for those who got in on the 799 preorder
I'm now seriously considering this player over an A35 and demoting my PS3 to gaming/mulitmedia

·
Registered
552 Posts

Quote:
This will be awesome if they are actually available, it really sounds like amazon is going to ship some but have already filled preorders

Well, if I had to bet, I would bet that nobody will see these until January. It is too much of a coincidence that the NEW Amazon date is January and that other sources are also saying delayed until January.

I hope that those with the "ship Nov 1st" pre-orders will post here as soon as they find out if their units have (or have not) shipped. It would be nice to know what's up with these.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I called a place named pc mall and they said they wont recieve any shippments until early 2008. How big of a F up would it be for Samsung to miss the 07 holiday season. I would be pissed becouse that is what I was going to ask for from santa this year.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just received an email from amazon stating that the expected ship date has been moved to January. Nice of them to wait until the 11th hour to disappoint us w/ the bad news. oh well....the Best Buy watch is back on!

·
Registered
771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrock69 /forum/post/12083913

please stop posting in this thread, here's the official one

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=931634

Since when do you make the official thread, the official thread is a sticky and not your new thread that is just as wasteful as all the other new threads. I actually don't care about multiple threads but it is nicer to have just 1. Thing is that 1 is not your new thread its the sticky!! So stop telling everyone to stop posting, your not a moderator. Grow up!

·
Registered
221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbitrage000 /forum/post/12084613

Since when do you make the official thread, the official thread is a sticky and not your new thread that is just as wasteful as all the other new threads. I actually don't care about multiple threads but it is nicer to have just 1. Thing is that 1 is not your new thread its the sticky!! So stop telling everyone to stop posting, your not a moderator. Grow up!

as in other parts of the board an official thread doesn't have to be sticky, ie 'official XXX owner thread' in receivers forum.

by having one thread to discuss the same topic it would be far from wasteful, what is wasteful is the time i'm spending checking multiple threads for updates as i'km sure others are doing. seems common sense to me and by some of the complaints i've heard it was much needed. i did ask if others can please use the other thread it wasn't an order.

sorry if its considered blasphemy

·
Registered
771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrock69 /forum/post/12084794

as in other parts of the board an official thread doesn't have to be sticky, ie 'official XXX owner thread' in receivers forum.

by having one thread to discuss the same topic it would be far from wasteful, what is wasteful is the time i'm spending checking multiple threads for updates as i'km sure others are doing. seems common sense to me and by some of the complaints i've heard it was much needed. i did ask if others can please use the other thread it wasn't an order.

sorry if its considered blasphemy

No, not blasphemy, just arrogant.....but can't you see there is already a giant thread, and even though its not an official "owners" thread (for obvious reasons) its still a lot more useful then your thread. And of course it doesn't have to be sticky, but when there already is a sticky thread with tons of pages, that everyone will always see because its sticky, again,....doesn't that thread make more sense to be the "official thread". I really don't see your point of trying to make a new thread and then going into every other 5000 thread and telling people to post in yours. Just use the sticky one, thats where most people have been posting for the last 3 months anyways.

Anyways, don't want to pick a fight or sound like an ass myself but we'll let the forum members decide if they like your thread enough to only use it...personally I'm going to post in the sticky.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts