AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,


I might be in the market for a projector under 3000.- I read in a couple of posts something about manufacturers annoucing new product lines in the short turn. Can anybody give me some more details like when this will be. Is this some sort of general annoucement to which major brands stick to?

I'm asking because I read reviews of various projectors in my budget but all seems to have a flaw that make me want to wait a little bit more.


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,261 Posts
Most of the big players will have new models out in the next 90 days, perhaps less. We should start getting preliminary specs/details on them next month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRA /forum/post/14300834


CEDIA usually happens in September. Can you hold out that long?

Great, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue /forum/post/0


Most of the big players will have new models out in the next 90 days, perhaps less. We should start getting preliminary specs/details on them next month.

Can I count on this forum for these informations or do I have to be some other place?


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,261 Posts
CEDIA is only 3 weeks away and the new models should start shipping in a month. There's got to be some news coming pretty soon. Anyone hear anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaw99 /forum/post/14302265


You will see the information posted here. I am sure. You also might look at www.projectorcentral.com and www.projectorreviews.com

Also, check the over $3000 forum, because some forum moderators and forum members will attend CEDIA and will post their experiences there and maybe also in the over $20000 forum, but not in the under $3000 forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,004 Posts
We can expect to see the introduction of next generation higher-end models from Epson and Mits and a new low-end LCoS model (below the VW40) from Sony.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/14435663


We can expect to see the introduction of next generation higher-end models from Epson and Mits and a new low-end LCoS model (below the VW40) from Sony.

Any chance we'll see a 1500 lumen 1080p LCD model using inorganic panels for under 2k? That's really what I'd like to see.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue /forum/post/14454371


Any chance we'll see a 1500 lumen 1080p LCD model using inorganic panels for under 2k? That's really what I'd like to see.

I think that is a possibility. I also think you will see a 1080p DLP for less than $2,000 before the end of the year.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top