AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Page 3 that quick? Wow. Word on the street is these will be 42" true 1080P sets for under $1k. The features list talks about upscaling and I'm wondering if it will do it right up to 1080P.

·
Registered
644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgeneral /forum/post/0

I guess a true 1080P 42 inch upscaling LCD for under a grand isn't of note around here. Hopefully people are considering this when they make purchases this month.

Not true, it's been a note around here. There are plenty of threads with details about this set. A lot of us are looking forward to this set.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Spoke with Vizio Rep. and he told me:Yes, we do have a 42 1080P coming out in a few weeks or less. It will be available in Costco. I have a rough price estimate of $1199.99. Unfortunately, I do not have any additional information

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been trying to look up more info about this set and came across the Genesis Cortez Video Processor. Anyone know anything about that? I currently have a VX32 and looking to upgrade to the 42 1080p once Costco gets it in.

·
Registered
758 Posts
a. I don't think its all black; at least the pic in the costco book is silver speakers & black bezel.

b. The cortez processor looks pretty sweet. They have a website but basically supporting 120hz (no jerkiness in DVD movies or anything @ 24fps) is the key benefit of the processor and one can only hope that everything is more robust (as in 'no lip sync issues' hopefully)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlacher5454 /forum/post/0

Not true, it's been a note around here. There are plenty of threads with details about this set. A lot of us are looking forward to this set.

Do you happen to have any links to these "plenty of theads" ??

I did a search for Vizio and 1080p and only came up with this thread for the 42" model..........

·
Registered
341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matasw /forum/post/0

According to Vizio's website this is 1080i am i missing something?

Yeah. it's not out yet, so they don't have it on their site. That's why we are all here trying to get ANY news about this brand new unreleased set, since it's been so sparce to date.

·
Registered
341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matasw /forum/post/0

Wont let me post links yet, but is the GV42L listed on Vizio's website different then the one this post is discussing?

Yes, see post 16

I'm starting to get a little worried. I've been jones for a set with these specs for this price for a while now(finally got the OK from the misses). But to have ZERO official info about this set that is supposed to be released in 20 days seems very odd. Vizio has a spec sheet out for the upcoming 52" that is going to arrive even later than this one.

Pretty soon I might have to start looking at info on the magnavox(Phillips) 1080p set on sale in July(Costco as well).

1 - 20 of 354 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.