Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a Sony 40XBR800 direct view CRT. Absolutely a wonderful pq.

Will an upconvert DVD player such as the Panny s97 via HDMI => DVI, say at 1080i, look that much better on my direct view CRT than component 480p with the Panny?

It seems that most of the accounts of upconverting players on this forum are with DLPs, plasmas, LCD and such.

Any advice is most appreciated!

DJ

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
drjdrum:

The primary advantage of an upscaling DVD player is that it keeps the video signal in the digital domain (i.e., no digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital conversions). They work best with digital displays (DLP, LCD, plasma). Although it is always good to reduce such conversions because they are often a source of noise in the signal path, because you have a CRT, it is unlikely that you will see much improvement.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I'm upconverting at 1080i over the component connection with my LG7832 (Zenith DVB318) on my 40XBR800 with great results. Better then plain 480p to it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVESQUE
I'm upconverting at 1080i over the component connection with my LG7832 (Zenith DVB318) on my 40XBR800 with great results. Better then plain 480p to it.
I have almost the same exact set-up (My TV is the older 700) and it is worth every penny. It looks absolutely amazing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.