AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am going to buy a NEC 50XR6 in a week or so...but I want to know what upconverting DVD players to consider with this PDP. I was not sure if there were any compatibility problems with certain combinations of players/plasmas. I have read allot about OPPO players and was wondering what actual NEC owners use.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, I can let you know next week. My 50XR6 is arriving today, along with an Oppo HD970. My plan is to feed the HDMI into the NEC and let it do the deinterlacing / scaling. I am hoping for lots of cold / rainy weather here in Texas so I have to stay indoors all weekend...

Are you thinking that you would have the DVD player do the upscaling? If so, I'm curious as to why...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff /forum/post/0

Are you thinking that you would have the DVD player do the upscaling? If so, I'm curious as to why...

HMM.....I wish I could answer that
. I guess the better question is....What are ya talkin about? Im a little new to the HT thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.