AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guides on upconverting Divx on HTPC, I tried the ffdshow guide on home theater news webstie but that only made it worse. Also, I get this error when trying to play DVDs on Zoom player:

Filter Connection Error:

[Sonic Cinemaster DS Video Decoder].CC Out ---> [Line21

Decoder].In

Not all filter can connect properly. If the filter listed above

is an "Additional Filter", Try unchecking it in the Options Dialog.

For more information, press on the "Verify Selected Setup" button

witin the "Options -> DVD Setup" dialog.

Additional Information:

Unable to find source pin "CC Out".

Thats the error it gives me, any ideas?

·
Registered
928 Posts
First of all, it sounds like you're talking about 2 different issues. The first is about playing Xvid files at resolutions higher than they were recorded at -- this takes place automatically, i.e., there's nothing special you need to do to make it work. If your Windows desktop is set at 1024x768 and you play *anything* standard-def (e.g. 640x480) in Windows Media Player or Zoom Player or whatever, then select full-screen, the software will upscale to 1024x768. There is more than one program you can use to do this, however, and some of them -- e.g. dscaler -- are supposed to do a better job quality-wise. But you didn't ask about picture quality so I'm assuming you're having a different problem.

Your second question re DVD playback just sounds like you have more than one MPEG2 decoder installed (this is the type of software needed for DVD playback). You need to tell Zoom Player which set of decoder modules to use so that you're using a consistent set, not one from here and one from there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
not wanting to hijack the thread, but this may help the OP too, if I select full screen the resolution changes to something nearer to the original recording and further away from 1280 x 1024 for instance, how can I 'fix' the full screen resolution?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.