AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was watching SNL on NBC last night and when I saw Mariah Carey, I decided I wanted to save it.

So, I pressed the record button on Vista's Media center and all the sudden, I found that it recorded the entire program since I started watching.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I guess the question is, "How come?"

I guess Media Center uses a buffer for when you are watching live TV. So when you chose to record that program, it copied over what was in the buffer to have as much of the program as possible. In your case, it had the whole thing buffered. How long after you started watching did you decide to record it?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started watching SNL from the beginning and about halfway through Mariah Carey's first act, I decided that I wanted to save it.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
dunno what your asking here but vista has done that for me since day one. it has always added what was in the live TV buffer to the recording, if you hit the record button while watching the live tv feed.

Hell my crappy comcast HD DVR does the same thing.

- Josh

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
hrm... well its worked for me every time i've done it in the past, but granted I don't watch live tv all that much and haven't tried it in a while.

- Josh

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Per TGB.Com: Apparently it only works if you have 1 tuner.

The question is... I have 3 ATSC tuners and the only thing that Media Center was doing at that point was watching SNL, no recordings were scheduled or recording.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts