AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post something other than LT150, whatever that is http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif ...shows I've been away for a while.

Gone a couple of months and you have to re-register; what is up with that? Just moved and didn't have internet connection, so I'm sorry that I've been gone and apparently missed out on a lot.

I was previously interested in a JVC D-ila G11 for the performance and price. I am hoping that someone could bring me up to date on whether or not this is still available for around $8k, or if there is something better. I've tried searching, but didn't have much luck getting the answers I needed.

I appreciate everyone's help. I've read through the recent posts, and no, I'm not interested in the LT150.

Thank you,

Neuner

------------------

'Now as I pass do I be polite and give him the ass or the crotch..'

[This message has been edited by Neuner (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
If you have made your peace with the disadvantages of the current crop of D-ILA's it still seems to be the consensus that the D-ILA's offer the best picture available utilizing digital technology at a reasonable price point.

Jezzz....what other qualifiers do I have to list so I don't get arguementative responses? Back to the issue...

G11 is out of production however Irv Kelman has a demo in the classifieds as well as a well priced G15. New G15's are available from roughly 9-11 grand if you do a bit of digging. Try Alan for either one. He might have something that will fit your budjet.

The only other new D-ILA seems to be the new Christie Red @ 13K list with a different bulb but seemingly based on JVC's 1365 X 1024 chips however its not available yet and no one seems to have actually seen it.

Larry

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

·
Registered
48 Posts
JVC has several new dila units coming out the month. This includes the DLA-G150HT which appears to be an updated G15 that is already calibrated. Also TAW is supposed to introduce a dila at CEDIA next month. Other then being expensive the G150 sounds really nice.

Tom

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. So it sounds like D-ila prices are going up instead of down, which I would've thought by now.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the models you mentioned.

Neuner

------------------

'Now as I pass do I be polite and give him the ass or the crotch..'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.