AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I thought I'd check back in to update you all on my pas thread here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1144221

I went for it and got the Casablanca III with Extreme DACs. It is currently setup in 7.1 but I am adding a centre surround and another SVS Subwoofer soon for 8.2. I am using a Theta Dreadnaught II to power the speakers.

It sounds much better for movies and TV shows. The surrounds come alive, it's like I am hearing surround sound for the first time. I am genuinely impressed, I mean I really liked my Lexicon...

As for how music sounds... well I'll be polite and just say it's better. :) Seriously though it is brilliant.

The one downside I have noticed so far is that it is unforgiving with a bad audio track!
I need to ensure I have very good quality media to play...

I saw the above suggestions for DAD discs but I am open to more suggestions for great quality music.

Thanks for all of your input, I'll add another post once I have added my extra channels.

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Ken,

I have CB3 with Three Extreme Dacs... Three Citadel 1.5's to drive Front LCR speakers and a Dreadnaught with 6 channels to drive six sorrounds.

The combination is fantastic.

For music I use a Transporter FLAC player and use its XLR out to to Theta CB3. The Transporter is the perfect device and is audiophile grade for this combination especially because you can connect it to a NAS to store all your music.

Ash

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
The new PS Audio PerfectWave Transport is a killer CD player with the Xtreme DACs. Please see my thread on this at this forum.

[email protected]@@

·
Registered
88 Posts
As an ulitmate solution get the Gen 8 and use the digi out card from the CB3 to link the two together. Then use a top notch transport for music or something like the newest oppo for Bluray/movies. Hopefuly Theta will roll our their HDMI upgrade for the CB3 and a solution to pass SACD and DVD-A via the Gen 8 OR another device. Then you won't have to worry about upgrading for a while.

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Congratulations! You became a Theta CBIII owner at the right time as will not have to wait so long for the HDMI upgrade. Glad you went for the Xtremes. Blu-ray concerts are going to be real treat after the upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts