AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed a call to Sony's tech support to check the status of any code fixes to resolve the lack of PSIP support for OTA program guides. None yet was there reply...

However as a result of that call, two engineers from Sony's office in San Diego call me to discuss my issues. What a pleasant surprise! They seemed truly interested in resolving the issues between Sony's PSIP support and what the local broadcasters are sending.

I mentioned that WFAA, KVTV and KDAF all have some information in the data stream (other that channel remaps), but the only info displayed by my HD100 was the WB (KDAF)and then, only the stations call letters.

I also gave them the URL for this board.

The engineers from Sony said that they would try to resolve the issues I raised and that they might call the stations listed to get more info from them in trying to reach a resolution.

Here is hoping that they are successful!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Alex

Nice work ! Anything that can be done to improve the HD100's ability to resolve PSIP info is great news. Our local ABC affiliate is making an effort to enable their PSIP signals so our SONY STB's will work. Can you post your SONY contacts or send me a private message so I can hook them up with our local chief engineer?

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alex -

I would also like Sony contact info. I live in the DC area, and the only thing my HD100 does is remap the channel numbers. No station ID or programming info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be happy to pass your e-mail addresses on to Sony. Please send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will forward your messages onto the engineer that contacted me.

I don't feel it is up to me to post their e-mail addresses on this board. They did say that they monitor avsforum, so perhaps they will contact you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.