AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is very strange this model is fading out from Japan and Hong Kong market. The street price drops every week. In Hong Kong you can pay as low as USD3,900 in most of the AV Dealer shop. Same in Tokyo. I am puzzled by Sony that the Contrast Ratio is indicated neither on the catalogue nor the user manual. Who can tell me where to find the Contrast Ratio from Sony official publication? But I know the demand of this projector in Australia very high. Thousands back order.

Has anybody compared its color of the video picture with a studio monitor? Try it if you have not.

·
Registered
396 Posts
They want phone calls from everyone?

Lets give 'em phone calls!!!s>

How hard would it be to organize a massive assualt where all owners call Sony (within a 2-3 day period) and complain? If owners voiced their concern and gave their serial number (as proof of ownership) maybe we could all get somewhere with the issue (Did everyone here see Bug's Life?). This method would exclue buyers, but Sony dosen't care about them right now because they'll be buying the 11HT.

If someone can post:

1. The phone number we should all call.

2. The exact wording we should use when we call

3. A date to begin calling

4. A new thread (or web page) for people who have called to log info such as time and date called, who they spoke to, the reps response, and most importantly a case number.

Without a case number, our calls may not be logged at Sony after the the reps get tired of the first few.

Please feel free to elaborate on this!

Adam Groth

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The number is 1-800-686-7669, extension 4 or 5 if I remember correct.

If you do this you might want to act uneducated, saying that you cannot get the projector to display in 16x9 aspect ration.

When she in the end tells you that the projector doesn't support 16x9 with computer input, you might reply that it's a "16x9" product by any measure, and that it doesn't say anywhere that 16x9 isn't supported for computer input.

I don't think it will help though.

The more I think about it though, the more I feel this is actually a class action lawsuit. It is advertised as a 16x9 projector, it is advertised with computer signal input. At least an FTC comlaint.

------------------

-Torgeir

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just called the number posted above, and was given a second number to discuss technical issues with our beloved projector. The gentleman that answered was very cordial. He check his product database and within 1 minute came back and stated that my projector does not support full screen use with a RGB input. I indicated that the the literature and manual both state 1366x768 RGB support and that we have filed a petition. He said that he was unaware of such a petition but he would gladly take down my report of this matter, and log it into the technical support database. I gave a detailed description...reading back the above listed concern. He took my name, serial number and phone number, and zip code. He did state that I would not be contacted, but that my report would be logged and forwarded to the appropriate Sony staff.

I strongly urge other VPL-VW10HT users to call this number and report our concerns. Perhaps a little squeaking will get us some 1.04 grease. Or maybe even a nice quiet swap program for a VPL-VW11HT replacement (can you say FIRESTONE ?).

The number is 1-800-883-6817 then 2, then 6 from the menu system.

Scott Bonney

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.