AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to return my DVD-2200 back to the store and get a refund. THIS DVD PLAYER HAS PROBLEMS. These are the following reasons why I'm going to return it.

1) The DVD-2200 does not have auto resume when the power is off.

2) The dvd tray starts making a loud spinning sound when the DVD-2200 gets hot.

3) I see some colors flicker in movies.

4) It freezes and skips in movies or cds when the dvd-2200 gets hot.

5) I'm starting to dislike the dvd-2200.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having :(. I have had mine for about two weeks now and have really pushed the unit through hours and hours of dvd-audio, sacd and dvd video playback with nary a problem :D.

I have all my components in one rack with a digital thermometer in the cabinet which registers around 98-99 degree F nearly constant, and the unit has not even burped, then again neither has my 3803, Pana DTV receiver or cable box - all in the same cabinet.

Get a replacement and try that one out before writing the 2200 off.

Just curious, but what universal DVD player would you get if not the Denon 2200? The Marantz, Onkyo or the 2900?

-GT

·
Registered
63 Posts
@ debsman

I have just ordered a Denon 2200, but i have a question just out of curiosity i hope you can help me with.

How does it handle pans?

My english ain't that good so here is an explaination of pans :) :

A camera pans in a direction, it moves and follows the thing that is being filmed (from longmans dictionary ).

A movie like Star Wars I & II would have a lot of pans or the the menu from "Lord of the rings EE" would also have a lot of pans.

Pans........Perhaps I have invented a new word in my own vocabulary

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
What are you worried about regarding camera pans? Due to the 24fps rate used for films that sometimes makes movement like pans non-smooth.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I watch mostly film based DVDs, only a few video based ones. I have yet to notice anything that screams out to me. I find the playback more than acceptable. I used to use a Panie RP62 and the Denon is abit better in playback.

So far I am pleased...my wallet is not happy as I am getting up to speed with DVD-Audio and SACD purchases. I am thoroughly enjoying the high res music and am still a bit obsessed with doing A-B comparisons between CD and Hi Res Audio.

I recently had to send one of my Niles front speakers back to Niles for repair and replaced my fronts with a pair bose cubes on loan from a friend...can i say how much i miss the Niles? especially with dvd-a and sacd.

-GT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.