Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

FIRST POST!!

I was ready to buy a 50" R.P. LCD but decided to put it off till next year.

I have a Yamaha RXV2095, Boston Acoustics VR970's, VR12, and old KLH31 for rears. The 2 towers are supplied with Monster cableXP, center spk. is supplied with a nice thick (grey) Monster Cable. The 2 towers have powered subs built-in, but I never supplied a LFE cable to them. Should I stick with what I have and up-grade the cables and rears? OORRR go with a change and try new speakers. I've been coming across alot of suggestions to go with Paradigms with Yam. receivers. If a speaker change my wife and myself would like to have "furniture wood finish" along with an improvement in sound quility. Or buy an external sub? External amp.? I have up to $3000. to play with. Open to all suggestions so please, don't hold back!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'd sell the speakers you have, buy new speakers AND a powered sub.

Paradigms are great... Also give Klipsh a listen... some people find them a little bright, but they are well made. I have Polk Audio - If you know which Polks you're buying you can get some fantastic speakers. I will say though, that having the name Polk on it doesn't guarantee that. They have started making some real crap for the low end market.

Also, many people on this forum give RAVE reviews to onix Rockets speakers. An entire setup can be had for your budget.

Good Luck, and let us know what you decide on.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David,

Thanks for the reply. After reading alot of posts out their I have the itch to

start all over! Sell RXV2095, VR970's, VR12, KLH31's, and a nice 3 piece

enter. center. Here's where it gets exciting!(for me at least) Lets here some advice for a new pre amp/amp, or receiver and new speakers. $5000. bugt.

Someone suggested Outlaw Audio 950/7100 $1598. Read alot of great reviews about them and a super price. They also sugg. Axiom Audio Epic80

surround speakers $2413. Nice looking in boston cherry, but the comp. say there suited for larger rooms of 4000-8000 cu. ft. My living room is 2200 cu. ft.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well...

I have an H/K 8000 with a separate Adcom GFA-555 amp for the front two channels. I think that you'd be pleased with a high-end receiver used as a pre/pro with additional amps.... It can be a less expensive route than a dedicated pre-amp, and it is my opinion that receivers typically have a few more bells and whistles than a separate pre-amp. I'd browse the receivers forum and see what people are talking about... If I had to recommend a receiver, I think my top choices would be

H/K 7200

Denon 4802

Onkyo 989v.2

Pioneer Elite line

Sony ES line

in no particular order...

5k budget is a good amount - you'll be able to get some quality stuff for that. Good luck with your shopping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had suggestions to go with Outlaw 950 & 7100 $1598 with Axiom Audio's. The Epic 60 series seems to fit my room best. Any experience

with these speakers $2005. I've read rave reviews about all three, but

have not found any topics about Axiom Audio on the forum.

The NAD T773 was also suggested. What would you guys/gals go with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.