1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looking good! More then I had to deal with in my basement...thank goodness! Keep up the good work. :)

E

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frank, Thanks for the compliments, both the basement and website!

E, I wouldn't wish what I had to go through with the waste line replacement on my worst enemies. What those pictures of the trench doesn't show is the humidity it caused in the basement! It looked like it was misting down there!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
mchil,

You are doing a fantastic job. Looks like you did your homework and planned things out well.

Not a great way to start out, running into waste problems and sump pump installs, but you have made great strides since then. Before you know it you will seated comfortably in that awesome room surfing channels!!!!

What do you have planned for the finished project, along the lines of carpeting, colors and trimwork?

Hiring the sheetrockers was a wise decision...isn't nice to sit back and take pictures of other people working for a while!?!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aggie; Thanks for the tip, but after much research, I decided on the Lightolier Compose system for my lighting. I will have an IR based 4 zone, 4 scene system for a fraction of the cost of the Grafik Eye. I was sold on it due to the many people on this forum who have used it successfully.

"Before you know it you will seated comfortably in that awesome room surfing channels!!!!"

Darren; Not soon enough, my friend, not soon enough...

"What do you have planned for the finished project, along the lines of carpeting, colors and trimwork?"

The wife and I haven't decided on the colors quite yet. It is a tough decision because we plan to use the room for entertaining, lounging, music listening, sports, and of course movies. We want it to be on the dark side, but not quite as dark as a dedicated HT would be. But, I don't want reflections to interfere with the screen... The cool thing about paint is that you can always change it :)

As far as finishes go, the main seating area will be carpeted, and the bar area, hall and bathroom will have laminated flooring to match the hardwood flooring in the rest of the house. I will also try to match the trim to the rest of the house the best I can.

"Hiring the sheetrockers was a wise decision...isn't nice to sit back and take pictures of other people working for a while!?!"

LOL I think they are getting sick of me taking pictures while they are working! It is fun though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.