AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to post last week, but decided to give them some time. I know they are still working hard on updates for us, but does anyone have info on the next update? Date, what will it include?

I have no problem waiting IF they plan on giving us a BIG update that will fix many of the sugguestions given to them.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I cant access the playstation forum from work but...

There is a march update that will fix some pretty big issues. Biggest imo is we will have the ability to "passive download" meaning we can actually do OTHER things than sit and watch teh slow sony servers for hours when downloading demos and whatnot. You can also stop and resume downloads without cancelling the download.

I think there was something in there about being able to play ingame tracks from your music selection.

I saw a few screenies of someone accessing a new and improved version of the xmb from IN GAME as well. Not sure when this is going to make it into the psn but thats probably my major complaint about the psn so far.

Now Im just hoping that playstation finds someone smart enough to market a PS branded keyboard and BT headset.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
All I really want is for them to fix the scaling issue if possible. That would make me happy.

·
Registered
10,354 Posts
Assuming this is done in time,.. wouldn't it make sense to release the update a little early so that when the people in Europe open up thier new system and determine they need a big Firmware update just to get started,... They don't have servers bogged down with people all over the rest of the world updating thiers at the same time?

I can't be the only one to think this right?

-Brian

·
Registered
630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton /forum/post/0

Assuming this is done in time,.. wouldn't it make sense to release the update a little early so that when the people in Europe open up thier new system and determine they need a big Firmware update just to get started,... They don't have servers bogged down with people all over the rest of the world updating thiers at the same time?

I can't be the only one to think this right?

-Brian

Well my guess would be that the European versions will ship with the most up to date FW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.