AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I currently own a 32 inch samsung LCD hd tv, and am itching to upgrade

to a lg 47lx9500, I am not really sure if I should enter the shark infested waters yet, as 3d is only at it's beginning but I Iam saving about 300 bucks 2799 to 2550 Australian dollars and the colour in 2d seems to match that of plasma.

Should I take the plunge how much future proofing can I get especially when the playstation 4 hits the market in the upcoming years. I remember when the playstation 3 first came out I had to change my 1st generation screen as it wasn't hd.

This is my first full hd set and the size will blow my room, yet in the future will this tv serve good for 2d and 3d gaming on the PS4, I only hope that 2d gaming will still be a option on the ps4. And will 3d updates be only available in hardware for new tv or will I be able to update the software once I buy it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having said that though, I get regular updates for the drivers of my nVidia card. The last one caused me endless problems till I deleted it from the system!

·
Registered
109 Posts
What size is your room, because if you're going to go 3D I would recommend going with a big DLP. Since, lcd's and plasmas (although not as bad as lcd) still suffer from crosstalk issues, whereas these problems don't exist with DLP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts