AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12x13 room with Infinity primus speakers and an SVS sub (5.1)

My Receiver is about 4 years old it is an Onkyo HT-R510

It sounds ok, but it does not have HDMI and one of my optical ports is broken.

I can spend up to $1300 if I need to, but I am at a loss with so many options

My first thought is the Onkyo 807, though I keep hearing how the 1007 is so much better I am not sure which to get

I am also considering the Denon 3810CI

I am not worried about power as I know any of the midrange receivers will have more than enough for me,. What I am mostly concerned about is reliability and consistency.

Lastly I do care about video processing as most of my stuff is still standard def and DVD with some 720P MKvs playing off my Asus O!play

I really like that the 807 works with Pandora, though I am not sure how often i would really use this.

I am trying not to throw money away, but not fall short of getting a good product that will last and not be buggy

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Then you may want to also consider the Yamaha 665/765 and an Emotiva XPA3 amp. The 665 would work fine with the amp for the fronts and the receivers amps for surround duty. Plenty of power and a start to an upgrade path later if you want. That amp will be around a long time.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Yes the AVR would control the volume of both. When you set it up with the microphone it will balance the speaker levels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.