AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a relatively simple HT setup for quite a few years, based around a Sony STR-DE835 receiver that's now about six years old. Speakers are some small Infinity "home theater in a box" 5.1 set I bought at the same time. When I bought the setup, it was mostly for playing DVD's.

Now I'm doing HDTV over the air, HTPC, cable, DVD, etc. I've run into some audio sync problems (full thread on that is in the HDTV Hardware forum), which got me thinking about a new receiver - one that had the option of audio delay.

I've done a lot of reading and searching, and right now I'm leaning toward the Yamaha HTR-5860/RX-V657. I'm no audio expert, so that auto room setup option with the microphone appeals to me. I liked the idea of the Panasonic digital receivers, like the XR55, but they seem to lack the audio delay option.

Can anyone comment on if they think the Yamaha would be a significant upgrade over the Sony DE835 I currently have? Will I hear a difference (audio delay issue aside), or would I be paying just to get the audio delay feature?

Usage: 90% HDTV, 5% DVD's, 5% CD/FM

Thanks! Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.