AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the upgrade last night. The download took forever, but completed without a hitch.

The only problem was getting the access card back into the slot so it could be recognized. I eventually got this to work by putting the card in inclined up to the top of the box at about a slight angle? Anyone else have this problem/glitcdh? Is there a particular way to put the cover back on that I screwed up?

I'm just worried that this may be a recurring/long term problem if I don't remedy appropriately.

Thanks all for the help and advice to get this upgrade going.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kgshaw
I did the upgrade last night. The download took forever, but completed without a hitch.

The only problem was getting the access card back into the slot so it could be recognized. I eventually got this to work by putting the card in inclined up to the top of the box at about a slight angle? Anyone else have this problem/glitcdh? Is there a particular way to put the cover back on that I screwed up?

I'm just worried that this may be a recurring/long term problem if I don't remedy appropriately.

Thanks all for the help and advice to get this upgrade going.

Kevin
Kevin,

I've had this problem on one of my UTVs for several months... I made the mistake of leaving the access card inside the case when I opened it... I bent the card and wedged it between the case and cover.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ss+card+reader

The stress on the card popped the access card reader out of position, and bent the contact points of the reader...

If you pulled the access card on your UTV, then I'd make sure as you mentioned that your Case Cover is seated properly and didn't cause a misalignment somewhere...

If you compare your DTV access card slot and "Smart Card" Slot the only difference should be the Access Card Slot Contacts are further back... "Smart Card" contacts are closer... If you can't see the contacts or instead your seeing parts of your UTV's Motherboard or Card Reader then you'll need to either reseat the reader and/or rebend the contacts... (not much fun, but with a calm and steady hand easy,for those OK with electronics). Don't force anything and take your time... you break a contact and you'll have more trouble on your hands...

Afterwards I have been very careful about pulling the card. When I had to do a P4 card swap I followed your "trick" of sliding the card at an angle. Saved me the hassle of popping open the case again.

If your not having a problem now, you can either cross your fingers and hope you won't have it happen again, OR you can try and reseat/rebend the reader so that the card will slide in/out correctly.

Let me know if you need any advice... I spent several days on this problem...

Later,

David T.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.