AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confident that some of you have upgraded from the Panny AE 100 to the 300 but I had no luck in my search of a discussion.

I have had my AE 100 for over a year and I am very happy with it with the exception of occasionaly seeing pixels. Whe I few the 106 in screen, I generally sit on the back row which is almost 19 feet back and that provides me the best image. I gather the 300 image is very smooth.

Your recommendations would be most appreciated.

Besides reduced pixels are there any other advantages that the 300 has over the 100?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
hi daffy,

remeber me? i am the fellow that came over to your place after seeing that you live close to me, and you were nice enough to offer a demo of your then new ae-100?! yup, i live in Johnson City, just up the road from you.

based on your demo and high regard for your ae-100, i too bought the ae-100...have been pleased with it ever since, but also am looking into possibly upgrading to the L300U.

to others that have done the same, please offer your advise and your comparisons between the two projectors...it would certainly help alot of ae-100 owners that are contemplating the upgrade!

regards Daffy!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
D.F.

You can come over and take a look anytime- bring the 100 if you are able to and we can side by side them. If you like it, you can take the 300 off my hands- in case you haven't read my posts- I am going back (again) to one of those CRT beasts. Well, for now, anyway. My family is about to kill me over the constant change.

Anyway- come and take a look. I can tell you that the contrast ratio is the biggest performance advantage the 300 holds over the 100.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Andrew, I know the feeling, I've had 4 projectors in 10 months! I do think that the 300 is a worthy upgrade from the 100 (especially in the PAL world) except for the loss you will have to pocket :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had my AE100 for 11 monthd with 660 hours on it and sold it for $200.00 less than I paid, I then ordered the L300U site unseen and have been very very happy with the upgrade at a cost of about $600.00.

The screendoor is about 90% gone, a big improvement over the 100.

Contrast is also much better, the picture seems to be more alive and vibrante.

Blacker blacks and shawdows are deeper with much more clarity.

Xbox games are as good as you can get.

I am very pleased with the upgrade and would recommend anyone with the 100 to get the 300. The #1 reason was screendoor for me, a big difference.

John

Plus DVI-D input for my new HTPC I'll have up and running in a week or two.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Slateef, Yes, I remember you well. Gald you are enjoying your AE 100.

Based on what people are saying, if I can upgrade for about $500, it sounds like it might be worth it.

Good to hear from you Andrew. your ceiling must look like swiss cheese by now if you are mounting all these projectors to the ceiling. With all these projectors to compare you should be somewhat of an expert now.

I am most interested in your 300 so will call you after Easter and see what we can work out.

Good to hear form both of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.