AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as the title says i want to upgrade my old PSW10 for something a bit better. My budget is not great, under 300, and even worse, in my country subs are incredibly expensive. I've been researching the best and most popular subs people recommend and have narrowed it down to 2 options:

Bic F12

Dayton 1500

I want it for movies and games, i don't listen to music on my HT. Paired with Pioneer bs22 and c22. Room size is around 19x16x7, medium sized.
The only other thing to mention is i read somewhere the bic f12 needs to have at least a foot of space on the back, is that true? Because it's already a large sub and space is a bit constricted. I think it would fit but i would need to put it flush against the wall. (Or i would need to shuffle everything around and put it somewhere else, if you think the f12 is that much better)
Which would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Out of those the F12 but I’d also look into the Polk PSW505.

For not much more the BIC PL-200 II would be an upgrade to all of those

·
Registered
539 Posts
+1 BIC-F12

This sub is a monster for under $300. It is only good for movies but I see you mostly will only use it for movies so you should be good to go.
I had dual BIC-F12 subs myself a few years ago. Trust me you will love them :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
+1 BIC-F12

This sub is a monster for under $300. It is only good for movies but I see you mostly will only use it for movies so you should be good to go.
I had dual BIC-F12 subs myself a few years ago. Trust me you will love them :D
Can you expand on the F12 only being good for movies?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
Can you expand on the F12 only being good for movies?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The sub is only a one note hitter meaning it's not a musical sub where it blends in with your front stage speakers. The sub stands out by it self which is why I say it's really good for movies but not for music.
My 2cents :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts