Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've got a Rel Storm V1 (three XLR inputs) I'm currently using the Storm for .1 LFE only - not for music.

I'm thinking about getting a SVS subwoofer, maybe two. The active models seem good with the Subsonic Filter, but I like the idea of passive subs- I can buy any amp I like plus I'm not paying for the crossover on the amp panel (which I'll never use)

I would prefer the Cylinder models - they take up less floorspace. I would like a 20hz port tuned model.

Would one CS-Ultra outperform the Storm? Would two be overkill? I will need to find a amp- possibly Parasound HCA-1200MK II. Is this good enough?

Processor is a Lexicon MC-1, set at 80hz. I could buy two CS-Ultra's and place behind each floorstanding main speaker (in the corner)

Comments please, as not many UK people have SVS's!!

If I buy a new sub the Storm will be moved into my stereo system.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
110 Posts
SVS better than Storm? Are you kidding?

Here's my scoop. I used to own one REL Storm3 to manage LFE duties. At that time, I felt it was fantastic bass since a Storm is rather costly. Only after I listened to a mate's SVS, I realised I was missing too much bass information to continue living with the REL.

SO, I sold off the Storm and got myself a 16-46PC+. I've not regretted since. I'm now feeling the bass, whereas, I was previously hearing port noise in those really low bass notes. Other than the deeper extension of the SVS, anything above 30+hz both subs sounded the same to me; except that the SVS could go much louder.

2 SVsubs are definately better than 1. I don't have CS-ultras specifically, but 2 will be enough to punch the air outta ya lungs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.