AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I upgraded a 20GB showstopper - a piece of cake using win2k patch. It has been working good for several weeks. Today when I tried to enter a record event, I received the standard aggravating conflict message - but this one pointed to a one time event on a different day, and one that was used in the "virgin" drive.

I cannot find the directory entry to delete it. How can I clean-up any hidden garbage (without reformat)? What, exactly, does refresh partition do?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
If you do a search at this forum you will find how a few people fixed the problem without doing a factory reset. If you don't care about losing recordings then do 7-7-7 zones and choose "Restore factory default". You will lose shows and have to run setup again.

Refresh partition has never been available to me even though I've selected it. I got a message that partition does not need refreshing. I suppose it will function only if it detects the need.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
before you perform a factory restore, do a search in this forum for 'phantom recordings'...this has happened to a few people and they've figured out a few ways to work around it

only if all these steps fail should you consider restoring the factory defaults

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is now a never-mind (in other words I Fu*ked up) category. The "record all episodes" option bit me.

Close this thread

Please forget this embarrassment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.