AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just get a new 5040 with life-time activiaton.I would like to upgrade my 5040 with bigger HD. I have a couple questions.

-In event the original HD fails, is there any way to put in new HD without losing the life-time activation? Does it make sense or necessary to have a backup of the original HD?

-Is the activiation data stored in the HD or hardwire into the unit?

-How long is the warrenty for the unit, is it 3 months? Does it safer to upgrade to a bigger HD after the warrenty expires?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pda
-In event the original HD fails, is there any way to put in new HD without losing the life-time activation? Does it make sense or necessary to have a backup of the original HD?

-Is the activiation data stored in the HD or hardwire into the unit?

-How long is the warrenty for the unit, is it 3 months? Does it safer to upgrade to a bigger HD after the warrenty expires?
Activation is tied to the sn which is on the board, so the hard drive can be replaced.

Warranty is 90 days... some might say it's safer to wait until after that to open it. However since the most likely part to fail is the drive, it kind of evens out. Provided the hardware is working correctly when you get it, which should be easy enough to determine in about the first 30 days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.