AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked the Integra Research site and they have finally posted the THX ultra 2 upgrade information. Will require sending the unit back for hardware and software revisions. The price will be $250 dollars if you do it before August 30 and your unit was previously upgrade to Pro-logic 2 . www.integraresearch.com/

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
DTS 96/24 is useless and the subwoofer settings are a joke. $300 for THX Ultra 2 is too much.

The new MSRP for the RDC-7 will be $4,500, people who are interested in it better buy one now and don't upgrade it or upgrade it for $300.

Razvan

·
Registered
15,401 Posts
With the coming of D-VHS there will be more need for DTS 24/96 decoding.

JVC is just finalizing their DTS 24/96 encoder and their upcoming 2nd generation D-Theater D-VHS players will have DTS out capabilities. Their current model can be sent in for a DTS compatibility hardware upgrade.

If Blue-Ray HD-DVD becomes a reality then it could use DTS 24/96 as well, unless they go with a much higher resolution format (MLP or DSD), which is highly unlikely given the DVD Forum's past actions.

Dan

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have been waiting for my unit to ship for over 2 months now:mad: and still my retailer tells me that Integra is not able to give me a shipping date. I need to buy my Pre-Pro now. I want the Integra but can't wait anymore!

Do any of you have any idea on when the RDC-7s will restart shipping? Will it have the Ultra 2 upgrade preinstalled?

·
Registered
555 Posts
When I bought my RDC-7 it was just after the 1st upgrade (DTS-ES) and mine had it installed. I would guess that the delay is in adding the upgrade to the units. It is purely a guess though.

Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.