AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I quit another one of my hobbies and have some cash now after selling my stuff off. I have a theatre room with an Infocus SP4805 Projector and it has been pretty good to me, but havent been around the forums much in the last year or so.

Is it worth selling my Infocus SP4805 and using some extra cash to get a new projector?

What are the hot projectors in the $1500 range? Do they offer enough over a Sp4805 to upgrade?

I use it for HD-Movies(Streaming from Network DVD player), regular DVDS, XBOX & Sonn Xbox 360 games and HDTV cable. The projector dosent work well with the HDTV cable box via DVI input.

On a side note just noticed the SP4805 went way down in price. Is this becuase they found something wrong with it or is infocus just moving stock? Seems like a Huge price drop in just over a years time.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
If you can upgrade to a comparable 720P DLP then I will but otherwise (like getting a 720LCD) I would just hold for 1080P DLP even though thats gonna be a long wait.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update, looks like it be a waste to do until the 720p native or greater come down in price or I can find something with the C2 Fine technology

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
FYI, there was a price drop on 720p DLPs in April, from the $5K range to half that price now. If you have HD sources, or plan to get a HD-DVD/Blu-Ray player and discs relatively soon after they're released, the increased resolution of 720p will make both of those sources look much better than your current PJ.

Another option is to actually wait until you get a next-gen DVD player, and get a 720p DLP at the same time, when prices should be slightly lower. 1080p DLP won't be anywhere near this forum's price point for several years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.