AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I have a Benq MH530FHD pointed at a silver ticket 120" white screen. the upgrade bug is biting. The room has a black ceilings, dark walls and floors. I would like to see better color, more pop/saturation? The easiest example of what bugs me with the current projector is color of grass, its always flat, under saturated maybe? It also does a poor job of fine details, say a sky with some clouds, the image is kind of washed out, lacks any detail.
Would there be a big difference between what I currently have and an upgrade to a HT2050a or an epson 2250?
As far as brightness goes, for what its worth, I have used a light meter app and found about 310 lux at the screen which is around 1300 lumens I think? This seems to be bright enough to me.
Thanks for any insights

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Either of the two projectors will be a substantial upgrade and should work fine on a 120in screen. The MH530FHD was not really designed for home use.

Personally, I'd go with a 4K projector such as the PX-727-4K, unless you need 3D.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never use 3d, I have looked at the 727, I think the last I saw it was 700 or 800 on amazon seems like a good deal. Is the 4k image it throws substantially better than the previously mentioned models?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I never use 3d, I have looked at the 727, I think the last I saw it was 700 or 800 on amazon seems like a good deal. Is the 4k image it throws substantially better than the previously mentioned models?
I have a UHD50 and I find the image to be superior to my W1070 in almost every way, especially with HDR content. I'm sure it will be much better than your MH530FHD. The PX-727-4K has a slightly different throw ratio than the MH530 and so you might need to move your projector mount and/or screen.

I'd also suggest acquiring a UB420 4K BD player for ultimate 4K HDR performance via it's HDR Optimizer, and it will stream 4K Netflix and Primevideo. It upscales DVDs and BDs to 4K extremely well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts