AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello helpful CRT enthusiasts : ) LOL

OK I have a ECP 4000 and I've been very happy with it for the last 3 or 4 years...

but lets face it its not the best projector in the world and now that I'm working and making for $$ its time for an upgrade.

So what I really want is a minty NEC XG maybe LC but I'm not too demanding. However the problems is finding one locally.

I've found a Marquee 8000 local for ~300$ - 400$ to be negotiated. The owner says it should have 6000 - 8000 hours on it but doesn't know how or doesn't want to tell me how many hours are on it.

So I'm thinking its probably got 2000 - 4000 hours on it. But who knows right!

Obviously I'll check it out first! So what do you guys think is this a reasonable price? What would make it completely unreasonable toasty tubes? more than 4000hrs?

And on another note, how can you tell the difference between a Marquee 8000 and a Marquee 9000 if the cases have been swapped? Like I think this is a 8000 in a 9000 case. What would you look for?

Thanks guys Brian

· Registered
4,810 Posts
hours are in the service menu, pass-code 0901 , 6) diagnostics , 3) hours of use. Hours are totally meaningless anyway, you need to take off the lenses and look at the tubes. Any logo burns or uneven wear would make it unfeasible to re-tube since brand new tubes are $600. each and I would only put brand new tubes in an 8500 or better. The old 8000's need a lot of modules swapped out to bring them up to modern (current) Marquee standards. The old 8000/9000's had problems with the neck-boards, power supplies, video input module, and a few other things. That said if it has good tubes and is working properly with no streaking in the video it's worth a few hundred bucks.

The difference betwen an 8000 and 9000 is the tubes and lenses, the chassis and electronics are the same.

· Registered
637 Posts
The 8000 will have 8" tubes. If it has 9" tubes it is a 9000 and will be LC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.