AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a similar thread on the Plasma Forum.

I own a Panasonic V20 Plasma and Projector Mitsubishi HC3800. I have the chance to change one of them spending the same amount of money. In your opinion what is it preferred?

V20 (EU) plasma exchange for A ST60

Mitsubishi HC3800 for a Optoma hd131xe

In fact, i can sell my plasma for 500€, and by the ST60 for 800€.

For the Mitsubishi my best offer is 300€ and i have to buy the optoma for 700€.

Another option is to sell both and buy a 65inch plasma intead a 50 inch.

Apreciate your opinions.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Of the two what do you use the most, the projector or the plasma. I have a 60st60 in my living room and a mits hc7900dw in my dedicated home theater. The plasma has the best picture but I much prefer the home theater by far.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones  /t/1525473/upgrade-projector-or-plasma#post_24561324

Of the two what do you use the most, the projector or the plasma. I have a 60st60 in my living room and a mits hc7900dw in my dedicated home theater. The plasma has the best picture but I much prefer the home theater by far.

For everyday I use mostly the Plasma, and i use the PJ just For movies and sports. The question is what is the smarter choice right now? What is the biggest improvement Panny V20 to ST60 or the Mits to the optoma? I must say that if i still have a nice deal for the HC7900dw, i would go for a new PJ.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Most of the HC7900DWs are gone here in states and the same for the st60s. I don't think an upgrade from the HC3800 to the optoma HD131 is that big of a leap unless you want 3D. I know nothing about the v20 so can't comment but the ST60 series are amazing. If you can find an HC7900DW and have the right room than that would be a deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts