AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14 by 20 foot dedicated home theater built in 2004. Has the same speakers I purchased at that time. B&W CDM-7NT fronts, B&W CDM-MNT center and 2 sets B&W CDM-SNT for sides and rear. Sub is Paradigm Servo Series 15. I'm having some work done on the room and it got me to thinking about upgrading. I've upgraded the projector on a couple of occasions, most recently last year, and have upgraded the avr a few times over the years but never the speakers. I can't say I'm unhappy with the present setup but it is the only speakers I've ever had for this room. I watch movies and sports. Not much music. Any thoughts on whether I'd notice a difference with today's speakers/subs and where I would get the most bang for my buck? Thanks

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an ONKYO TX-NR809 right now. Having some problems with it though and my audio visual guy is recommending I replace it with a Denon X2000. He says that AVR will be an adequate replacement. Tells me it only costs $500 to which I responded are you sure it will do the job and he said yes. I normally would have gravitated to the X4000 not because I personally thought the X2000 would not be good enough but just because the 809 was around $1K and so is the X4000. Any thoughts on this? I'm happy to pay $500 if I'll be happy with the sound with these speakers but don't want to be left feeling like I've downgraded in the end.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Dual subs could potentially give you smoother frequency response throughout the room.

Denon X4000 has Audyssey XT32 which is better for subs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts