AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just received my MyHD card and it appears it won't work with my motherboard (ABIT BX6 rev. 2). So now I am looking to upgrade my mobo/processor. I would like to keep the RAM as well as other components that I am using now.

Could someone please recommend a popular stable mobo and cpu. I am looking for price/performance and this is what I have come up with so far:

P3: ASUS TUSL2/Tualitan 1.2 GHz

OR

P4: ASUS P4B/P4 1.6 GHz

Is the ASUS P4B the motherboard to get out there right now? The prices between the two setups are minimal especially considering the jump from 1.2 to 1.6. However, I have NO experience with P4's. First, there are a few different ASUS P4B's out there and I don't know which is best nor do I know which Intel 1.6 GHz processor is best. Could someone please offer some guidance or should I just stick with the tried and true TUSL2 and 1.2 Ghz?

Thanks for any help. I need it.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If you want more of an upgrade path and the price is the same go with the P4. Make sure to get one of the Northwood P4s (it will probably be called a 1.6A) As for the motherboard, I have no specific knowledge of that one, but ASUS is always popular here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.