AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I researched HDTV's. I just sold my 52LG60 HDTV and would like a 50-60" display with an amazing picture (deep blacks, great colors). It would be great if I could buy a 3D TV within my budget but I can always overlook it if it means saving money and still end up with an amazing display. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BTW, the reason I sold the 52LG60 is because the blacks weren't deep enough, had a few dead pixels, viewing angle was ok but not great and ghosting while playing certain games (darker colors).

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52LG60FTW /forum/post/20924376

It's been awhile since I researched HDTV's. I just sold my 52LG60 HDTV and would like a 50-60" display with an amazing picture (deep blacks, great colors). It would be great if I could buy a 3D TV within my budget but I can always overlook it if it means saving money and still end up with an amazing display. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BTW, the reason I sold the 52LG60 is because the blacks weren't deep enough, had a few dead pixels, viewing angle was ok but not great and ghosting while playing certain games (darker colors).

60gt30 from panasonic

·
Registered
767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52LG60FTW /forum/post/20924376

I know black level is definitely a major measurement criteria in the HDTV Shootout so you may want to check it out next weekend. The sets that they are testing may not be in your budget range but I believe a lot of the tech trickle down to the cheaper models. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/20924587

60gt30 from panasonic

Has the 60" GT30 reached a $1,200 price point?!?

If so, may be in that market myself!

Was going to suggest to OP that a 60" ST30 Might reach his/her price limit before years end, and would make a good choice.

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
It will be tough since you have high demands and a low budget. Anything lower than the ST30 (which I recommend), such as the S30 (which I do not recommend) will not give you the performance you are looking for.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/20924587

60gt30 from panasonic

I wonder if the 65st30 would be the better buy. Are the blacks better on the gt and is it really noticeable?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierkdr /forum/post/20926800

Has the 60" GT30 reached a $1,200 price point?!?

If so, may be in that market myself!

Was going to suggest to OP that a 60" ST30 Might reach his/her price limit before years end, and would make a good choice.

My budget.is 1-2 grand. Not 1,200. Story for any confusion.

·
Registered
15,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52LG60FTW /forum/post/20927615

I wonder if the 65st30 would be the better buy. Are the blacks better on the gt and is it really noticeable?

Most recommend the ST over the GT as a much better buy (PQ is pretty similar, you just lose THX mode).

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP /forum/post/20928726

Most recommend the ST over the GT as a much better buy (PQ is pretty similar, you just lose THX mode).

GT has better blacks and what appears to me to be less dithering.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems like Plasma is still the best way to go. I'm debating on the Panny 65ST, 60GT or the 55VT which are all within my budget. The TV will be going into a nice sized bedroom with controlled lighting.

BTW, which set offers the least amount of possible issues? Last thing I need is to spend some of my hard working cash on a flawed device like my laslt HDTV.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts