AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been about 4 years since I bought entered the HD world with my industrial 50panny7uy and I'm ready to make the plunge to 1080p as I watch blu rays on my ps3 quite often. I'm looking for greater then 50 inhes but less then 60, 55 or 58 would be ideal. My budget is about $2500. I do not need speakers as I run audio through home theater though it seems most good new displays have speakers included. Currently I'm leaning towards Samsung PN58A550 58 as I get get it locally for about $2400.00

Thought? Is this the pest picture thats over 50 inches that I am going to get for the money or should I be looking at something else? Its going to hang on the wall not sure if that matter at all.

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I would focus on Picture Quality over size, Sure at this time the PQ should be better for most tv sets, but you dont seem to upgrade often and since that happens and you like best PQ i would go with pioneer or pioneer elite, get it dont look back until the next big upgrade!.

after the pioneer i would look into the panasonic then samsung being last

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So u think the panny pz is better then the samsung? The pioneers are more then i want to spend right now. Whats the best 2500 price range 55 or 58 set?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Dude the pioneer can be had for a few bucks around $2,500
and yes the panasonic is better then the samusung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbolaya /forum/post/15526030

So u think the panny pz is better then the samsung? The pioneers are more then i want to spend right now. Whats the best 2500 price range 55 or 58 set?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
AVS forums member sponsers ,will help you out, and 50" is good enough for the price of that pioneer, if you want a bigger like 60" then it cost more At which point you dont want to pay up, in either case i would take a 50" non elite over a panny or sammy 58" that cost around the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbolaya /forum/post/15526335

tell me which pioneer model that's over 50 inches that I can get for around 2500?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbolaya /forum/post/15526335

tell me which pioneer model that's over 50 inches that I can get for around 2500?

.. 58PZ800U, 6ave, enter "couponcabin" at checkout; free shipping.

·
Banned
2,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son /forum/post/15526665

.. 58PZ800U, 6ave, enter "couponcabin" at checkout; free shipping.

Isnt 6ave in NYC? If so he could go there in person and look at his options as it seems he is from NYC also.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
not allowd to talk on forum for pricing other then msrp theirs quite a few sponsers that are around his price point as i pointed out, i went with roman O excellent service very reliable , Also Robert @ ve is good too. and i would take Picture Quality over size, which that topic has always been mixed feelings

·
Banned
2,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus738 /forum/post/15527583

not allowd to talk on forum for pricing other then msrp theirs quite a few sponsers that are around his price point as i pointed out, i went with roman O excellent service very reliable , Also Robert @ ve is good too. and i would take Picture Quality over size, which that topic has always been mixed feelings

Which the OP has said ideal would be 55 to 58. There is nothing wrong with the Pannys.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I never said their was anything wrong with panasonic, i just said I as in me would take a smaller screen for better Picture Quality over size, besides its not a 32 vs 60 inch its a few inches... Sure it can make diffrence but still

Quote:
Originally Posted by phipp01 /forum/post/15527595

Which the OP has said ideal would be 55 to 58. There is nothing wrong with the Pannys.

·
Registered
525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbolaya /forum/post/15526030

You can get a panny 58pz800u for a little over and a Samsung 58a650 for a little under your budget at Amazon. Use them as a benchmark and shop accordingly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm the guy who started this post and live in NYC. So get this: it just so happens that on craigslist in new york there is an ad for a new 58pz800u for $850 and a new PRO-151FD 60 for $999. Both of these listings show up the day after I make my first post and people on this board suggest these two sets, or at least the panny and the smaller pioneer. Obviously no way these pricese are legit and it is a total scam but I find it funny how they scammer must have lurked this site and this post to get the info they need to make that post/scam on craigslist as a way to find me, which they did. I have followed up with the contact of the post and of course the guy wont give me his real name or a phone number as hes away on business but claims he will only ask me to pay him 50% up front. He wants to ship it with tnt express shipping, when I called tnt they advised me that its most likely a scam. We'll see if he agrees cod, only way I'l do it. So lurker, if you are out there reading this you're busted, and I'm going to forward your craigslist post to the authorites.

·
Banned
2,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbolaya /forum/post/15534592

I'm the guy who started this post and live in NYC. So get this: it just so happens that on craigslist in new york there is an ad for a new 58pz800u for $850 and a new PRO-151FD 60 for $999. Both of these listings show up the day after I make my first post and people on this board suggest these two sets, or at least the panny and the smaller pioneer. Obviously no way these pricese are legit and it is a total scam but I find it funny how they scammer must have lurked this site and this post to get the info they need to make that post/scam on craigslist as a way to find me, which they did. I have followed up with the contact of the post and of course the guy wont give me his real name or a phone number as hes away on business but claims he will only ask me to pay him 50% up front. He wants to ship it with tnt express shipping, when I called tnt they advised me that its most likely a scam. We'll see if he agrees cod, only way I'l do it. So lurker, if you are out there reading this you're busted, and I'm going to forward your craigslist post to the authorites.

LOL some people.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbolaya /forum/post/15534592

Since it's a scam I wouldn't even bother with trying COD. Nothing good can come from continuing to talk with the guy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts